Thursday, February 25, 2010

Some Paintings are More Challenging


Commissions can be the most difficult of assignments for a painter. I have written about the challenges of getting inside someone elses mind and expectations. I can tell what works for me but its hard to know what works for others until you gauge their reaction to the finished product.

This painting is one of the hardest ones I have attempted for awhile. I'm not sure why. I have worked it and worked it until I was ready to wipe it off and start over but through persistence, I got it to finally respond. I'm satisfied with it now and judging from the several people who have liked it at first impression, I think it is done. This is one of a pair. I'll post the other one tomorrow.
What's new: Untitled, 26x24, oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment