Friday, February 12, 2010

A Satisfying Day of Driving


Today was a long day of rainy travel but a couple of satisfying accomplishments to show for it. I drove seven new paintings to Studio E Gallery in Palm Beach Gardens FL www.studioegallery.com which should be hanging by now. Studio E was one of my first galleries 5 or 6 years ago and while we took a break from each other for awhile, I'm really pumped to have fresh work there again. I can't wait to see what happens.


After about 15 minutes to change clothes and vehicles, it was off to Melbourne FL and the Melbourne Museum which was hosting a gala and auction of art for the Brevard County Early Learning Coalition for kids http://www.elcbrevard.org/ . I donated a partially painted piece which the children finished off. I was very impressed by the results and happy to see it auction off for $600. Even better was being told the State of Florida will contribute $16 for every dollar donated. So that painting ultimately brought $9600 to a very worthy cause. Congratulations and thanks for all this organization does for kids.
What's new: Cool Dawn, oil on canvas, 11"x24"

No comments:

Post a Comment