Thursday, April 30, 2009

Winter Park Paint Out


This week I am a participating artist in the Winter Park Paint Out, http://www.winterparkpaintout.org/ a benefit event for the Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Gardens. Along with a number of other painters, I am out on the town painting snippets of Winter Park and the gardens at the museum. It's a beautiful week weather-wise and a great opportunity to hone my painting skills. Plein air painting is not my niche and so I'm getting my come-uppance being around these artists who can stab an easel in the ground and dash off a nice painting while the light changes in front of them, the wind blows, and passers-by stop to ask what they are doing. Tuesday night we were treated to drinks on the museum grounds and a boat tour of the Winter Park chain of lakes. Today is the third day of painting. It's a lot of fun but hard work. I'll post some images later.

No comments:

Post a Comment