Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thunder Heads


I'm sitting at the computer watching the radar bring tonight's thunderstorm. Some nights, it's better than tv. Florida in summer is an amusement park of weather. Each afternoon or evening brings something dramatic. Wind, rain, tornadoes, lightning. It's rarely boring. Excuse me while I bring in the cat.


Summer is also a challenge to my creative energy. Times like now when there are no big show deadlines my ambition is occasionally smothered in lethargy. I blame it on the heat and humidity. Yes, panic and deadline stress drives the best work, but even during the off peak times I can occasionally put together a string of productive days. I brought a few paintings to completion in the last few days. Here is one of them.

1 comment:

  1. i love this!. put it in my inspiration folder.you sure know color/physics.

    ReplyDelete