Sunday, August 1, 2010

Time for a Big Push


OK, I had my summer vacation from blogging. My mind went blank there for a couple of months anyway. I don't remember stopping painting but that is the great thing about what I do. Little thinking required and sometimes best if avoided.


I returned from Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park last night/early this morning. I took over 500 photos, plein air painted and rode my bike around the 11 mile loop testing the current strength of my heart and leg muscles. I need to get in shape.


I am entering a big push for paintings in the next 60 days for my Landscapes of Cades Cove show at Bennett Galleries in Knoxville TN Oct 2. It is made possible by United Arts of Central Florida, who awarded me with a grant to finance the trip for inspiration and costs associated with the show, and of course Bennett Galleries.


A trip to Cades Cove cant help but inspire a landscape painter and I was in need of a boost. I'll be posting new work here and on my Facebook page, Landscape Paintings by Stephen Bach.

No comments:

Post a Comment