Monday, October 26, 2009

A Second Try



I occasionally stumble on a place that I think is very paintable. The light, the composition, the colors - something just turns on a switch in my brain and I have to paint it.
This piece was inspired by a trip to Western NC last Thanksgiving week. It was cold and rainy and cabin fever set in. We decided to take a ride on some back roads. I took some photos and thought this scene looked like a good atmospheric painting. I did one a few weeks later but it was muddy in color and not very interesting. The photos I used for reference sat around for until recently when I took another try. I feel like I got what I was after with this one. For me this scene just says wet.




What's new: Third Day of Rain, 12 x 12, oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment